Consistency.
I've decided on a theme to my new year's resolution: Be Consistent.
everything falls under this:
- be more consistent in saying my personal prayers
- be more consistent in reading my personal scripture study
- be more consistent in my "wifeing" (all that stuff that goes with improving our relationship)
- be more consistent in my mothering ("they" say consistency is the key to good parenting... i used to be consistent.... i used to have really well behaved kids ;) (maybe we should try it again)
- be more consistent in my "me time" so i don't burn out and become the wicked witch of tuscaloosa!
- be more consistent in taking care of my physical body (good food, good moves (exercising) good sleep)
- be more consistent in my attitude and actions towards others
- and everything else that falls under this category
In the past, when i've made long lists of ways to improve myself i start off well but hen get distracted by other lists that i make... yes, i'm a list person, i like to put little things like, wake up, make my bed and such just so i can cross things off and feel/look productive.
This year, i decided that if my ONE goal is to be more consistent, that's all i have to remember!
I'll let y'all know how it goes!
what are some of your new year's goals?








4 comments:
That is a great goal! I like that you have an overarching theme- I think that is a great idea.
Awesome post! I'm tempted to steal it and try it out. :)
I like it! Maybe I should have been more general when it came to my goals. I was very specific this year from "find one tasty, healthy and easy new crock pot recipe a month" to make sure I don't just try a new one that I would never make again, to "daily companion/family scripture study", and back to food with "make weekly dinner menus". I made a small list this year to make sure I actually accomplish them, but I'm excited to complete them. But maybe I'll have to add consistency. I really like the thought!
Very good resolution!
Mine?
1) Pay tithing after EVERY paycheck
2) Stick to my chore chart (Mon- vacuum,T- bathrooms, W-laundry, Th-mop floors, F- dust)
3) Lose 3 lbs a month
Post a Comment