- I am only one person, I cannot do everything, but I CAN do something.
I don't know about you, but i have been seriously disturbed by the way our government is running OUR country. I have also decided that i have no party. and am in no way attatched to one anymore! I am not pointing fingers saying because of Obama this, or it was Bush that started it, or if we could just get control of congress, or the house or the senate (whatever). This is just a never-ending game, and it hasn't just been in the last 4 months, or 8 years that this country has downslided. It's been for quite awhile. now i want to educate myself on the facts of what this country is really about, and what it has become and where it might be going. a friend pointed out this clip which was really insightful, but I would love to hear where everyone else is getting their information... what can YOU do? what SHOULD we do?
- oh, and please be curteous. the golden rule here people!









2 comments:
I think you have it exactly right, we need to educate ourselves. I don't know the constitution as well as I should. We have too long relied on elected representatives to know the constitution and uphold to its precepts.
The video was great btw. I saw 10 mins and I was like yeah right but I found myself wanting more.
You make a good point...it hasn't been in the last several years.
I was watching a movie about John Adams'a life. Even when our country was first being started, there were problems. It was never perfect. The politics game has always been played. I think the difference is that now, it is a lot easier for information to travel (internet mainly) and anyone can post anything.
I think everyone should get informed. For me that is watching the news on TV and participating in online groups that talk about current events. If I miss something, someone else will for sure bring it up.
Post a Comment